• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wedding Ring

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NneedofHelp

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I filled for divorce from my wife a few months ago, she has been served and of course she contested the divorce. None of this is a real surprise to me, she claims that she is going to make the divorce cost me as much money as possible.

Before we got married I bought my wife an engagement ring, cost was $2,700. We ran into some financial issues and we got a loan on the ring at a pawn shop, I got the ring out as a Christmas present for my wife this past Christmas. My wife has a drug problem and she had me pawn the ring again a month later, being stupid I did! Then things got to a point where I filled for divorce and decided that I was not going to make payments on the ring any longer. I let the ring go, now my wife is insisting that I give the value of the ring as part of the settlement. Do I have to, or not?

FYI: We do not have any community property so there is nothing for use to split, but she is out to get something from me!

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">