• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is "best obtainable price" mean for sale of house??????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tammylee57

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Our decree states that the marital home will be sold at "best obtainable price". No date deadline, no amount, jut "best obtainable price".... what does that mean? Can my ex accept "any" price? She wants "out" of the mortgage and says she'll sell for one cent over payoff? Can she do that?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Our decree states that the marital home will be sold at "best obtainable price". No date deadline, no amount, jut "best obtainable price".... what does that mean? Can my ex accept "any" price? She wants "out" of the mortgage and says she'll sell for one cent over payoff? Can she do that?
That's basically "fair market value". If you are both on the deed, she cannot accept an offer without without your signature, so no, she cannot do that.

nextwife

Do your research, Before listing, be sure to interview three good LOCAL agents who really work and know your sub market and obtain market analysis, Broker Price Opinions, providing info on what comparable homes are now selling for, and listed at. Re evaluate price after 30-60 days unsold. And again after 3 months. The properties I s3elll for my boss have a price adjustment about every 30 days or so. Make sure property shows well, shrubs trimmed and neat, no animal odors, no clutter. Make sure extra stuff is boxed and stored off site, so closets and cabinets seem roomier. THAT is how you obtain your best price.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">