• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

needhelptn

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

My husband filed for a divorce Jan of last year. He committed adultery and had a child with her so I have proof. I did not get a lawyer because I can not afford one, so to get it over with I have been working with his lawyer. Has since abandoned the divorce and moved away to another state and neither I or his lawyer know where he is located . We have one child that he does not call, see or pay support for if he need anything from me he calls his mother to get it from me. I have had the same address and phone number since we were together so that is not a reason for no contact.

:confused:
My questions is:

Is there any way I can get this divorce finalized with out a lawyer and how ?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

My husband filed for a divorce Jan of last year. He committed adultery and had a child with her so I have proof. I did not get a lawyer because I can not afford one, so to get it over with I have been working with his lawyer. Has since abandoned the divorce and moved away to another state and neither I or his lawyer know where he is located . We have one child that he does not call, see or pay support for if he need anything from me he calls his mother to get it from me. I have had the same address and phone number since we were together so that is not a reason for no contact.

:confused:
My questions is:

Is there any way I can get this divorce finalized with out a lawyer and how ?
It would be very difficult to do without an attorney. Consult with Legal Aid, they may be able to help you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">