• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can i do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Confuseddudews6

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

UK BASED

My wife and i have been married for almost 5 years, we have 2 young children together. My wife experienced a bereivement 5 years ago and has dealt with this badly. she has refused to get counselling and has been drinking in large amounts. I have asked her not to drink but she cant stop, she's averaging 2 bottles of wine a night. aside from the fact that she is spending money we dont have it also affects her behaviour, she is moody, un realsonable, lazy, critial, etc etc the list goes on. I've had all i can take, i want out but i dont know what to do, if i leave her she will drink more and i fear for my children, i've told her to leave or stop drinking but she doesnt take any notice.
We dont have much money and have a fair amount of debt. I rarely have any spare cash so i cant afford to rent somewhere and pay the mortgage etc, she actually earns more money than i do, i just dont what to do!?

Any advise will be appreciated?

Last edited:

Bali Hai

My wife and i have been married for almost 5 years, we have 2 young children together. My wife experienced a bereivement 5 years ago and has dealt with this badly. she has refused to get counselling and has been drinking in large amounts. I have asked her not to drink but she cant stop, she's averaging 2 bottles of wine a night. aside from the fact that she is spending money we dont have it also affects her behaviour, she is moody, un realsonable, lazy, critial, etc etc the list goes on. I've had all i can take, i want out but i dont know what to do, if i leave her she will drink more and i fear for my children, i've told her to leave or stop drinking but she doesnt take any notice.
We dont have much money and have a fair amount of debt. I rarely have any spare cash so i cant afford to rent somewhere and pay the mortgage etc, she actually earns more money than i do, i just dont what to do!?

File for divorce, petition the court for exclusive use of the marital home, full custody of the children and temporary spousal support.

If you fear she may become violent, call the police and get a R.O.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Bali missed the most important part of your post.

This is a US Law site. You are from the UK...

ETA: I just noticed that you must have edited your post to add your location info after Bali posted...

UK BASED

Gracie3787

UK BASED

Try posting your questions here:

Family Law, Divorce, Custody - WORLD Law Direct Forums

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">