• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tripppysmurf

Ok so well I live in Utah. Salt Lake to be exact. Me and my soon to be ex are getting a divorce and there is one born child already in this and she is also preg with my unborn. She refuses to allow me to see my son. She lives with her parents. So if I go over there I have been told I would be arrested for tresspassing. Her father is the apt manager in their apts. She has now started saying alot of stuff in her paperwork trying to say I am a druggie and drunk when I don't do drugs and barely ever drink. She has no job and has not had one in two years and her father is paying for EVERYTHING for her while at the same time supporting 4 other people in his house. I have no lawyer right now as since she kicked me out I had to get an apt and such. I am trying to do this on my own but recently wrote some attorneys hoping for help. I am really confused by all this as this is the first time this has ever happened to me. Any advice is good as I just don;t know anymore what to do.

Proserpina

Ok so well I live in Utah. Salt Lake to be exact. Me and my soon to be ex are getting a divorce and there is one born child already in this and she is also preg with my unborn. She refuses to allow me to see my son. She lives with her parents. So if I go over there I have been told I would be arrested for tresspassing. Her father is the apt manager in their apts. She has now started saying alot of stuff in her paperwork trying to say I am a druggie and drunk when I don't do drugs and barely ever drink. She has no job and has not had one in two years and her father is paying for EVERYTHING for her while at the same time supporting 4 other people in his house. I have no lawyer right now as since she kicked me out I had to get an apt and such. I am trying to do this on my own but recently wrote some attorneys hoping for help. I am really confused by all this as this is the first time this has ever happened to me. Any advice is good as I just don;t know anymore what to do.
Your divorce will not be finalized until after the baby is born but you will still need to file to establish custody, visitation and child support.

You should probably get an attorney for this one - if you can't afford one, you can try a Legal Aid service Index | Legal Aid Society of Salt Lake | Utah | Protecting the Legal Rights of Families Since 1922

mistoffolees

Your divorce will not be finalized until after the baby is born but you will still need to file to establish custody, visitation and child support.
IMMEDIATELY.

The longer he's out of the house without seeing his child, the harder it will be to get favorable custody/visitation in the end.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">