• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what can she do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

goodfriend_41

What is the name of your state? Va
My friend and her husband are not together. she has tried and tried to fight for the marriage but he doesnt want it. he's a chief in the navy and soon will become an officer in the next few months. She has two kids but only one by him a 5yr old, but the one thats not his calls him dad. he stationed in washington state. both of there names are on the mortgage, he is still paying the mortgage thru allotment. He's not sending any extra money to help out
any thing the kids need its coming out here pocket, she has to pay for child care for both kids as well as tutoring classes for the 7yr old. she aks him for extra money but he wont send it. he does'nt want the marriage but he wont file, she has proof that he has committed adultry. he also told her that he will fight for the house. she wants to file but i think she is scared she will loose the house, what is her best option. Will she be entitled to child support and spousel support?

Last edited:

LdiJ

My friend and her husband are together. she has tried and tried to fight for the marriage but he doesnt want it. he's a chief in the navy and soon will become an officer in the next few months. She has two kids but only one by him a 5yr old. he stationed in washington state. both of there names are on the mortgage, he is still paying the mortgage thru allotment. he does'nt want the marriage but he wont file, she has proof that he has committed adultry. he also told her that he will fight for the house. she wants to file but i think she is scared she will loose the house, what is her best option.
Can she afford the mortgage and bills on her own? Can she qualify to refinance the house into her own name, and for enough to pay him 1/2 of the equity?

If the answer to those two questions is yes, then she has a good shot at keeping the house. If she cannot, then she is going to have to accept that she cannot keep the house.

However she will be entitled to her half of the equity.

Silverplum

My friend and her husband are not together. she has tried and tried to fight for the marriage but he doesnt want it. he's a chief in the navy and soon will become an officer in the next few months. She has two kids but only one by him a 5yr old, but the one thats not his calls him dad. he stationed in washington state. both of there names are on the mortgage, he is still paying the mortgage thru allotment. He's not sending any extra money to help out
any thing the kids need its coming out here pocket, she has to pay for child care for both kids as well as tutoring classes for the 7yr old. she aks him for extra money but he wont send it. he does'nt want the marriage but he wont file, she has proof that he has committed adultry. he also told her that he will fight for the house. she wants to file but i think she is scared she will loose the house, what is her best option. Will she be entitled to child support and spousel support?
Why should Husband pay for a kid that isn't his?? That kid's biodad and biomom are responsible for him.

Why did they lie to the oldest about his parentage?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">