• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What could he be up to?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

salmmmmgood

Pennsylvania:confused:
My ex-husband has not spoken to me for 6years. He did start speaking to our oldest daughter about a year ago and in July she turned 18. She is very vague when speaking to her father about me and stays out of the past when it is brought up as a topic by him. She did notify me today, however, that he got hold of her telling her he needs me to send copies of our divorce for him to be able to get identification to get his job back.
(He is $13,000 in arrears for child support.)
I can find no information on the internet that would require him to need these copies except for to get remarried or change his name. He resides in Texas, and even when I type in employment or identification needs in that state I come up with nothing?
What would he be up to that he is pulling her leg like this?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

My ex-husband has not spoken to me for 6years. He did start speaking to our oldest daughter about a year ago and in July she turned 18. She is very vague when speaking to her father about me and stays out of the past when it is brought up as a topic by him. She did notify me today, however, that he got hold of her telling her he needs me to send copies of our divorce for him to be able to get identification to get his job back.
I can find no information on the internet that would require him to need these copies except for to get remarried or change his name. He resides in Texas, and even when I type in employment or identification needs in that state I come up with nothing?
What would he be up to that he is pulling her leg like this?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Well.... the FA Crystal Ball is on an Alaskan Cruise and is not due back until the end of next week.

If he needs a copy of his divorce decree he can get them himself. She shouldn't be playing messenger. Not a cool thing to do, to stick your daughter in the middle ~ I'd just dismiss it. It isn't your problem.

LdiJ

Copies of a divorce decree would have absolutely nothing to do with ID.

He can also easily get copies of the divorce himself from the courthouse...he doesn't need to get them from you.

I have no idea what he could possibly be up to other than being too lazy to get them from the courthouse himself.

mistoffolees

So perhaps he's getting remarried and doesn't want you to know so he made up a story.

Or perhaps the IRS has audited him and he needs to prove his marital status and he lost the decree (and doesn't know that he can get it from the courthouse).

Since you've been married 6 years, none of that concerns you, so you're free to ignore it, supply a copy (it won't hurt you), or tell your daughter that you refuse to communicate through her and if he wants to talk to you he should contact you directly. There are probably other options, too, but those are the most reasonable ones.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">