• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mariaq81

What is the name of your state? CA, but ok my current bf married back at the end of 2001 hes in the military and wed while he was on leave he wed in Texas came back to California to continue his activy duty and basically never heard from his wife again so hes obviously moved on to me :) Hes not divorced and has no clue where his "wife" is what should he do?? Last he heard she left to Mexico and have no intention on returning to the states we really wanna get married but dont know what one does in this case, help!!!

gatorguy3

Florida's rule for Dissolution of Marriage is that he must give her Constructive Notice of the pending dissolution. According to FL law, he could do this by putting in the newspaper for a number of weeks.

I don't know if your jurisdiction, though, would be Texas or California. Did they ever live together or share a residence? If so that would probably be the place to file.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">