• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sunny60

What is the name of your state?CT
My husband and I have been separated for 2 yrs now. There is no martial assets or debts. We have an 8 yr old daughter that lives with me. What would be the easiest way to file for a divorce. I know I could file myself or have We the People help me with the papers or there is mediation, which i know nothing about or going and getting a lawyer. I want to keep this simple and easy but that probalby won't happen. I need advice please
Thanks

rmet4nzkx

Consult a family law attorney or legal aid. If he hasn't paid support you can expect some problems, how are you handling visitation? Even though you have no assets things can get messy.

sunny60

He is around all the time, wants to get back together. He keeps telling me that is a different person would never do any of the things he has done in the past (mental & physical abuse) give me $50 a week ago for the first time in two years. Does buy things occ.for my daughter and has tried to wine and dine me. So going with a lawyer would probably be the best then? Also got ticked when I filed taxes separately this year. thanks for any help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">