• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

IrishroseNC

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? North Carolina

My husband has breeched our seperation agreement throughout the last year. We can get our divorce based on a year seperation. I prefer to file it myself, but he continues to interfere with my life behind my back, and intermitently interferes with my relationship with our 7 yr. old daughter. He is a very verbally abusive, manipulative (actually exhibits borderline personality traits), and controlling man. Our daughter behaves like he does. Is the separation agreement enforceable? Can there be benefit in persuing this, or is it better to just file for divorce. I just want him to leave my life alone and to have peace in my life. :(

LdiJ

IrishroseNC said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? North Carolina

My husband has breeched our seperation agreement throughout the last year. We can get our divorce based on a year seperation. I prefer to file it myself, but he continues to interfere with my life behind my back, and intermitently interferes with my relationship with our 7 yr. old daughter. He is a very verbally abusive, manipulative (actually exhibits borderline personality traits), and controlling man. Our daughter behaves like he does. Is the separation agreement enforceable? Can there be benefit in persuing this, or is it better to just file for divorce. I just want him to leave my life alone and to have peace in my life. :(
Pursue the divorce, but also address the violations of the separation agreement as part of the divorce...so that any necessary changes can be made to either eliminate or make more enforceable the final divorce decree.

IrishroseNC

Thank You

:confused: Thank you all for your responses...Our papers are notarized and filed with the court, which as I understand it, makes it legal. I did visit the link offered, and got a lot of information and documents to file for divorce. I can mention violations, I am sure, but he will deny that he has done this.....nothing is ever "his fault." What do the envelopes to the left of the threads mean, and why are some opened, and some not?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">