• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

candacen82

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
Ok, I am inthe process of going through a divorce. My husband is with someone else. We both had cars of our own and then traded in both of them to purchase the car that I did drive. The car is in my husbands name. He came to my residence and stole the car after he wrote that I could keep the car till the divorce is final. Well I have personal affects in the car as well as property of a company who is charging me for the equipment that is inthe car. How can I get this stuff back?? He is being a big jerk.

Gracie3787

Ok, I am inthe process of going through a divorce. My husband is with someone else. We both had cars of our own and then traded in both of them to purchase the car that I did drive. The car is in my husbands name. He came to my residence and stole the car after he wrote that I could keep the car till the divorce is final. Well I have personal affects in the car as well as property of a company who is charging me for the equipment that is inthe car. How can I get this stuff back?? He is being a big jerk.
File a motion with the court.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
He didn't steal the car. It is in his name. He may be being a big jerk but most people involved in a divorce act like a jerk about something.

Gracie3787

What type of motion? Cause I haven't turned in the divorce papers yet.
File the divorce petition right away. After he has been served and he either answers, or the required 20 days has passed, then you can file a motion requesting the court to order him to return you personal possesions that were in his car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">