• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what to do first?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? California

I am going to the court house ASAP to file... Lets say i do and ask my husband to leave the home. How can i pay the bilss temp. while and until this gets done and decided. I just filed for Soc. Security (not accepted yet) and am on work comp with no money at all... Can you guys suggest the smartest thing to do? i have my son here who is in college and my girl is almost 17 and both want to stay here with me? or should I leave since i have no money? Help please...

LdiJ

Theresalee said:
What is the name of your state? California

I am going to the court house ASAP to file... Lets say i do and ask my husband to leave the home. How can i pay the bilss temp. while and until this gets done and decided. I just filed for Soc. Security (not accepted yet) and am on work comp with no money at all... Can you guys suggest the smartest thing to do? i have my son here who is in college and my girl is almost 17 and both want to stay here with me? or should I leave since i have no money? Help please...
If you are not going to be able to afford to refinance the home in your own name, buy out your husband's share of the equity, and make the mortgage payments on your own, then you probably shouldn't attempt to keep the house.

I guess that last one was not enough info I'm sorry.... We do not own this home or any others. We own one car and he drives one for work which is his companys. I know the proper thing to do is get an attorney but neither of us has money. Well let me rephrase that he makes all the money but it gos to bills every single month. I'm not sure how to live month to month while this is being filed and we have to wait for a court date etc.... I thought of leaving myself , but it would be easier for him too since my 17 yr old girl wants to stay with me. Last time he thought I was leaving he took the ck book and all cards from me. I just didn't know if there was a legal way I could make him keep up the bills and the rent until support gets determined by a judge? Both our names are on the cking account. But b/c i am disabled right now i have no way to make $ since I got hurt... I wanted to try and file on my own but maybe i should get an att. but I or he cant afford.. He makes good money but he wont file bankruptcy..... I just didn't know if there was a legal way to do things? So we can still get our rent paid and eat until this gets settled in court....?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">