• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What do I do?????????????????????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lastgreatact

What is the name of your state? Mississippi

My wife is an extreme alcoholic. she has had 2 DUI's in the last 4 months. Has written hot checks, obtained credit cards without my knowledge and maxed them out on booze. been in jail numerous times for disturbing the peace and family disturbance. I want to file for divorce badly but I need to know about somethings.

1. Our home is listed in my name, her name, and My mothers name. Since it was donated to us as part of the inheratance, but she has not passed on yet?

Thats my only concern.

What can I do????? and still keep my home, and get her the heck out |?????

ellencee

Let me ask you this--would you rather spend money buying her interest in the house or buying her booze, paying her hot checks, her lawyer's fees, her bail and her bond?

Get the hell out of Dodge while you can still spell your name!

PS--You didn't say in what way all these names are listed. If it is on a deed, then buy her out. If it is in a will (your mother's), then she can change her will. If she has established a lifetime estate in her name with the property going to both you and your wife after her death, that may be changable. Post this in the will section if that is the situation.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">