• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What do I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aladso

What is the name of your state? SC

I want out of this marriage as quickly and as simple as possible. Neither of which is probably possible. Here is my problem. During the marriage we purchased 2 cars. I have one and he has the other. Both of the cars have our names on the registeration. He is the primary for both and I am the co signer. What I want to do is have my name taken off his car and his name taken off my car. That's it. Can I get that done through a no contest divorce. If so how?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? SC

I want out of this marriage as quickly and as simple as possible. Neither of which is probably possible. Here is my problem. During the marriage we purchased 2 cars. I have one and he has the other. Both of the cars have our names on the registeration. He is the primary for both and I am the co signer. What I want to do is have my name taken off his car and his name taken off my car. That's it. Can I get that done through a no contest divorce. If so how?
The only way it can be done is by refinancing the cars if there is still a loan on the cars. You can be ordered to refinance the cars as part of the divorce. If not, then it can just be done by each of you signing the title over to the other.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">