• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do if they wont turn in the paperwork?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

honey_bee_baby0

I have a friend who was going through a divorce when he was over in Iraq, he signed the papers and returned them over 9 months ago, his soon to be ex wife refuses to turn in the papers, and refuses to sign for them because she wants to keep her health insurance and keep him from getting into another relationship even though she is living with another man, she cheated on him several times, that is why they are getting a divorce. He is stuck and doesnt know what he can or should do. Any advice?

mistoffolees

I have a friend who was going through a divorce when he was over in Iraq, he signed the papers and returned them over 9 months ago, his soon to be ex wife refuses to turn in the papers, and refuses to sign for them because she wants to keep her health insurance and keep him from getting into another relationship even though she is living with another man, she cheated on him several times, that is why they are getting a divorce. He is stuck and doesnt know what he can or should do. Any advice?
He needs an attorney to file the papers with the court. If she doesn't respond within a given time, the court will enter a default judgment.

tuffbrk

Well who did he "return them" to?! This is why we prefer the actual party to post, not an outside third party. Honey Bee Babyo?! I can guess who you are...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">