+ Reply to Thread
    latitude Guest
    I know California is a Communty property state but how far does that go. If we both had homes before marriage and during the marriage used the homes equally for living and tax reasons, what happens now that I sold the one I owned and we live in hers now. Could I be intitled to some of the equity in her house? We never put the others name on our homes so her house still has her name only. Also during our marriage I sold a rental property at a loss which made our tax refund go from owing $1000 to getting $11000 back in taxes, does that account for anything?
    outtacontrol3 Guest
    Community Property : Is property or posation that were brought into and shared during the marriage and also bought during the marriage

Similar Threads

1. Is Tennessee and Common Property State but a Community Debt State?
    By chevygirl38305 in forum Debt Collections
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 02:13 PM
  2. Community property State
    By Jayat in forum Other Real Estate Law Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-13-2005, 04:10 PM
  3. Community property state
    By rclara in forum Divorce, Separation & Annulment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-19-2005, 10:30 PM
  4. community property state?
    By mnseparated in forum Marriage, Domestic Partnerships and Other Family Law Matters
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-31-2005, 08:34 AM
  5. community property state
    By miaguy in forum Divorce, Separation & Annulment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-02-2004, 06:31 AM