• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is the easiest, cheapest way to divorce?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

melena76

I live in Alabama, and have been married for 1 and 1/2 years. I am looking for the quickest easiest way to get out!! We have 1 child together. We are separated and he lives in Mississippi now. I just want this to be over and behind me. Please send advice.

macavoy

If there will be no arguments over property or custody you should be able to just fill out a few forms at the County office and call it good. Get online at your counties website, all the forms should be there, or a quick phone call.

If there will be arguments over custody/property plan on getting a lawyer unless you both agree on whose is whose. GL

Uncontested

As said here before. Pick up your uncontested divorce papers, fill them out, pay to have them filed, go to court, and if your ex doesn't show up, you should be home free. I have done a coupe of these and they are cheap and easy, at least compared to the lawyer route.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">