+ Reply to Thread
    Anglyn Guest

What is general denial?

What is the name of your state? Texas

My father in law filed a petition for divorce. Today he recieved her response. Its "Respondents pro se original answer". It says, 1. general denial: pro se respondent enters a general denial. What does that mean?

And 2. Prayer: Pro Se respondent prays that petitioner take nothing and that pro se respondent be granted all releif requested in this original answer.

What does that mean, take nothing? Is she saying she doesnt want the divorce or she doesnt agree with the grounds or what??

Please enlighten us. Thank you!
    BelizeBreeze is offline Senior Member
    1. general denial: pro se respondent enters a general denial. What does that mean?
    Everything your father-in-law put as grounds for divorce your mother-in-law has denied.

2. Prayer: Pro Se respondent prays that petitioner take nothing and that pro se respondent be granted all releif requested in this original answer.
    Your mother-in-law wants everything, including his boxer shorts.
    Anglyn Guest
    So, she says there are no grounds for divorce, yet she wants everything? The only thing he put was incompatibility, at his lawyers advice, since thats rather benigh and places no blame (though there were worse things he could have put). And other than the house itself, which he lives in, she took everything when she left, I mean down to the toliet paper!!

So, ok, does he need to file anything else or just show up for the courtdate and let the judge sort it all out?

Also, since he is living in the house, are his odds of getting it better? I imagine her thinking is that in 18 years of marriage, she was the primary wage earner and it was her 401k that put the downpayment on the house. (401k saved up and disperesed all while they were married). He worked, but mostly undocumented labor and he did most of the domestic support (all the cooking and cleaning) She moved out into an apartment several months ago. The equity in the house at this point is like a hundred dollars or something, so not really much. Meanwhile my husband I have lived with them for the last two years paying all the bills, house payment included, but I dont know if thats relevant to anything. Is it? Do we have any rights at all, considering our name is not on the house (a moblie home) but my name is on the land it sits on.
    stephenk is offline Senior Member
    IAAL, my friend, is there any response for the lady?
    Cal Naughton, Jr.: I like to think of Jesus as a mischievous badger.