• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what are the grounds for a divorce?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Q

queenofdrpepper

I live in Alabama, and I was wondering if someone could tell me what the grounds for a divorce are? Why I am wanting one is due to my husband is never home, and I truly have fallen out of love with him. He is an over the road truck driver and is gone for 26-29 days out of the month, and is home for only 3-5 days out of the month. If some one says that being away from some one would make your heart grow fonder, I would love to talk to that person. My husband is gone so much that I and my children forget little things about him all the time, and to make matters worse, when he comes home he does not have time to spend with his family, he sits on his but and watches the tv, or wants to sleep, (what about his family) Both of my children 9 & 7 have both cried there little hearts out to him, saying "Please don't go daddy, we love you and we miss you to much" It might be foolish to some people why I am wanting one, but I am so sick and tired of playing both the momma and daddy role, I kind of know what it is like to be a single mom. I am almost postive that he is cheating on me, due to he called a lady BABY-DOLL on the phone and said "Oh every one else calls her that" I am just tired of fighting all the time, what other husband could make there wife cry when hi is over 2,500 miles from home? He tells me that if I did go to have a divorce done that the judge would just throw it out due to I don't have a good reason for it. What about how your heart feels,and how fed up you are with it all. will some one please help me or just give me some advice? thank you

I

Illinois Dad

Grounds:

(1) physical and incurable incapacitation at time of marriage

(2) adultery

(3) voluntary abandonment for one year

(4) imprisonment for two years

(5) crime against nature

(6) drug or alcohol addiction

(7) complete incompatibility of temperament

(8) confinement to a mental hospital for five years with no hope of recovery

(9) irretrievable breakdown of marriage

(10) if the wife was pregnant at the time of the marriage, unbeknownst to the husband

(11) Physical abuse

(12) Living separate and apart for two years without support

Sounds like your lucky number is 9.

This is directly from the Alabama statutes on divorce. Here is a link to the complete statute...

http://www.divorcenet.com/al/al-divorce.html

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TOP 10 Grounds for Divorce - -

NUMBER 10: He lied when you asked, "You're not one of those guys who pats everyone on the ass, are you?"

NUMBER 9: The liquor and pills finally wore off.

NUMBER 8: During sex, you're tired of him commenting, "Baby, I just love the way your big fat ass moves like a jackhammer!"

NUMBER 7: You're really tired of him asking, "Can you tell me the difference between your ass and a hole in the ground?"

NUMBER 6: You're embarrassed when people ask him, "Do you have any previous experience sitting around doing nothing?"

NUMBER 5: In a deposition, your attorney asks him, "Which word better describes you: 'bumbling' or 'incompetent'?"

NUMBER 4: Drinkin' Schlitz and watching "Ricki" is better than being married.

NUMBER 3: Your ass and his Ford Taurus are roughly the same size.

NUMBER 2: Everytime he takes drugs, he remarks that people on ground look like insects and you haven't taken off yet.

AND, the NUMBER ONE Ground for Divorce - -

Everytime you ask if he wants to make love, he responds, "You bet your sweet fat ass I do."

IAAL

I

Illinois Dad

<Shaking head> I knew that was coming.

I think number 11 should be...Insistance on playing naked games of "King of the Road and the Lot Lizard".

V

velbing

grounds for divorce

If you are lucky, you may live in a state which has a no-fault divorce. Wisconsin divorces are all no-fault.:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">