• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What happens if he won't leave?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

juswunderin

What happens if he refuses to leave?

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? I reside in Louisiana. I am contemplating asking my husband to leave as I think our marriage needs some time apart. We have been married for 17 years, three children, 16, 12 and 10. When I ask him to leave, I can almost bet he will say, "If you are THAT unhappy and want a separation, then YOU pack YOUR bags and go." What if he won't leave? I don't want to interrupt my children's lives and I do far more for them than he does. I want them to remain in the house. If he won't leave, and I am forced to do so for awhile, could I be cited for abandonment (of my children)? PLEASE help as I need some answers!!

Last edited:

A

absconder

Git

Who says the man has to leave? Pack your bags and dont let the door hit you in the butt on the way out!

LdiJ

juswunderin said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state? I reside in Louisiana. I am contemplating asking my husband to leave as I think our marriage needs some time apart. We have been married for 17 years, three children, 16, 12 and 10. When I ask him to leave, I can almost bet he will say, "If you are THAT unhappy and want a separation, then YOU pack YOUR bags and go." What if he won't leave? I don't want to interrupt my children's lives and I do far more for them than he does. I want them to remain in the house. If he won't leave, and I am forced to do so for awhile, could I be cited for abandonment (of my children)? Please help!!
Never leave your children. That estabishes the other parent with defacto custody.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">