• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is he wont leave?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jlk369

I Live in Texas and i am wanting a divorce. I have only been married for 1 year but i dont want to be my husband anymore. I have no family here in Texas and i want him to leave our apartment. So if i ask him to leave and he tells me no what can i do.

Antigone*

I Live in Texas and i am wanting a divorce. I have only been married for 1 year but i dont want to be my husband anymore. I have no family here in Texas and i want him to leave our apartment. So if i ask him to leave and he tells me no what can i do.
Feel free to leave yourself.:cool:

This is not the Flintstones .. you cannot boot him out.

Maybe if he leaves for a couple of days w/o telling you then in some states they consider that leaving .. ask your attny. Not sure about TX.

mistoffolees

This is not the Flintstones .. you cannot boot him out.

Maybe if he leaves for a couple of days w/o telling you then in some states they consider that leaving .. ask your attny. Not sure about TX.
I don't believe there's any state where leaving for a few days would be considered abandonment.

One possibility that hasn't been mentioned is that OP can file for divorce and ask for exclusive use of the marital home. No guarantee that she'd get it, but it's an option.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">