• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what if i don't show up at divorce court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

0misha123

What is the name of your state? New York
Hi,my husband (US citizen) and I(Europian) are just about to start divorce procedure. I'll be moving overseas in a month and not coming back to US so I might not be here by the date of the court.We don't have any property together or children.My question is if it matters whether I show up,do they need my presence to get us divorced?If no,what happens?Thank you

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? New York
Hi,my husband (US citizen) and I(Europian) are just about to start divorce procedure. I'll be moving overseas in a month and not coming back to US so I might not be here by the date of the court.We don't have any property together or children.My question is if it matters whether I show up,do they need my presence to get us divorced?If no,what happens?Thank you
If you truly have no property, children or debt matters then no, your presence isn't needed. You can sign off on everything without having to show up for court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">