• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what are legal definitions?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California- What is the definition of divorce action? Is it the same as lawsuit?
Also in California if a divorce case is dissmissed will it still be a matter of public record?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California- What is the definition of divorce action? Is it the same as lawsuit?
Also in California if a divorce case is dissmissed will it still be a matter of public record?
A divorce action is a lawsuit. It is a matter of public record even if dismissed. Is this regarding your hubby who has two names and two families?

Yes, he's a bigamist 100% sure-he says it was accident. He said his ex never paid initial filing fee so their divorce was never finalized-court has no record of case ever being filed. So I'm apparently getting a snow job. She never applied for fee waiver/deferment form. I don't think clerk would even except paper work w/out fee paid-so I don't see any logical reason either one would have thought they were divorced.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">