• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is legaly hers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

happo

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

Here is my question, it has probly been asked but i couldn't find it. My wife and I have been married for 5 years, during this entire time she never had a job, never even attempted to get one, took care of the child, also refuseing the use of child care when i tried to get him to interact with more children. She put me into overdrafting almost every month of our marridge, she bought many items with my money that i had no say so in. Furniture, appliances, computers, ect. Now that we are getting a divorce what is legally her's? Since her name was on the bank account she didn't steal the money but she bought tons of stuff and now that we are getting a divorce she wants it all.

rmet4nzkx

Are you forgetting to rell us facts, such as you are in the military, accused of and admitted to adultery with another military member?
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=202534
Here are OK laws if OK has jurisdiction.

LEGAL GROUNDS FOR DIVORCE: No-Fault: Incompatibility. [Oklahoma Statutes Annotated; Title 43, Section 101].

General: (1) Impotence; (2) adultery; (3) abandonment for 1 year; (4) imprisonment; (5) confinement for incurable insanity for 5 years; (6) cruel and inhuman treatment; (7) fraud; (8) habitual intemperance (drunkenness); (9) the wife pregnant by another at the time of the marriage; (10) gross neglect; and (11) a foreign divorce which is not valid in Oklahoma. [Oklahoma Statutes Annotated; Title 43, Section 101].

LEGAL SEPARATION: A spouse may sue the other spouse for separate maintenance without filing for divorce. The action may be brought in any county where either spouse resides. The grounds for requesting non-divorce-based alimony are: (1) impotence; (2) adultery; (3) abandonment for 1 year; (4) imprisonment; (5) confinement for incurable insanity for 5 years; (6) cruel and inhuman treatment; (7) fraud; (8) habitual intemperance (drunkenness); (9) the wife pregnant by another at the time of the marriage; (10) gross neglect; and (11) incompatibility. [Oklahoma Statutes Annotated; Title 43, Sections 101 and 129].

PROPERTY DISTRIBUTION: Oklahoma is an "equitable distribution" state. Each spouse is entitled to keep: (1) the property owned by him or her before the marriage and (2) any gifts or inheritances acquired during the marriage. All property held or acquired jointly during the marriage will be divided between the spouses in a just and reasonable manner. A portion of the jointly-held property may be set aside to 1 spouse for the support of any children who may live with that spouse. The only factors for consideration set out in the statute are: (1) the way in which the property in question was held and (2) the time and manner of the acquisition of the property. Marital fault is not a factor. [Oklahoma Statutes Annotated; Title 43, Section 121].

ALIMONY/MAINTENANCE/SPOUSAL SUPPORT: Alimony may be awarded to either spouse. The award may be in money or property, in lump sum or installments, having regard for the value of the property at the time of the award. Marital fault is not a consideration. There are no other factors for consideration set out in the statute. Alimony payments may be required to be paid through the clerk of the court. [Oklahoma Statutes Annotated; Title 43, Sections 121 and 136].

happo

well the part about the adultry is diffrent now since it's about civilian law. the adultry doesn't really count here since the evidence that she used when she nailed me was a tape of all three of us together, i do not believe normal law considers it adultry if the spouse is partakeing in the action as well.

happo

no no i was just responding to the second post about the information. we are just doing the inconpatability or what ever the standard reson for divorce is. i was just wondering about all this crap that i have just seen for the first time in my house.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">