• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are my options for divorce now

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

h.lands915

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tx. I have been waiting on my wife to finish divorce papers and get them to me to sign. I found out the other day she is pregnate by someone she has slept with since our being seperated. Now Im being told I cant get a divorce from her till after that kid is born and then I have to pay for paternity testing to prove its not mine and I have to sign over parental rights to it....Is this all true? I know I need an attorney, but that is just not possible right now. She and I have 2 kids together that I am sending money for and about a year ago she let the house go that I was sending her money for so I am now trying to pay off utilities she ran up and are on my credit report, not to mention the living expenses I have now.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Bali Hai

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tx. I have been waiting on my wife to finish divorce papers and get them to me to sign. I found out the other day she is pregnate by someone she has slept with since our being seperated. Now Im being told I cant get a divorce from her till after that kid is born and then I have to pay for paternity testing to prove its not mine and I have to sign over parental rights to it....Is this all true? I know I need an attorney, but that is just not possible right now. She and I have 2 kids together that I am sending money for and about a year ago she let the house go that I was sending her money for so I am now trying to pay off utilities she ran up and are on my credit report, not to mention the living expenses I have now.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
And to think that your biggest fear in life up until recently was some rare skin and meat eating jungle bacteria!!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Congrats you now have three children together. You are going to have to disestablish paternity. Is there a court order for support? Why haven't you filed for custody? You will NOT get divorced until after the baby is born.

Waiting on your wife? Are going to sign anything she puts in front of you? You didn't see any of this coming? Do you have anything in writing yet? You're just sending her any old amount of money? Hmmm...I have a question...up until now...have you ever asked for any directions in your whole life? I hate to unload on you...but after years of seeing guys make the same old mistakes time after time after time...I just can't fiqure out why women don't rule the world. Maybe Bali has the answer for that.

Talk to an attorney asap...don't tell us that's "just not possible"! Get your act together...as of now you have three kids to support...and while your waiting on your wife...the debt and your problems are just going to keep building.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">