• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are my options/rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ellen65

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa
About 4 months ago, very concerned about my husband's health -- his blood pressure was very high, he was having dizzy spells in the night, couldn't always achieve an erection...I called the female doctor that my daughter and I had grown to love as our own physician and asked her if she could take the time to see my husband and try to get him back to feeling better. I was concerned that his current doctor had changed his meds so many times, and it was affecting my wellbeing, as I was constantly stressed and worried too. He was quite depressed and I thought he might try to hurt himself. She agreed to see him, and has had him going up to her office quite often for blood pressure checks and such. One day he rode his motorcycle up, and came home asking if I cared if he took her for a ride - because she loves motorcycles. I had no problem with that. My husband has been working odd hours lately, and acting a bit different. My teenage daughter got suspicious one night and looked on his phone. The next day she informed me that she never wants to see that doctor again, and that she isn't just dad's doctor. My daughter read all kinds of information that points to the fact that these two have become lovers, and are seeing each other quite a bit.
My husband carries our family insurance and has much better insurance for our children and I than what I can get. He also makes a bit more money than I do. And he stands to receive a hefty inheritance from his parents' estate once they die, which is why when my parents died and the money left to me was put into house projects at those times. He has a retirement account that we've always put more into than with mine, as my paycheck has covered house payments mostly.
What am I facing here? What are my options? He doesn't know that I know what's going on yet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">