• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is my right as a wife ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LoraLeena

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? MA

Please anyone can Tell me about my rights as I never educated about that issue at all !!
I am a foreigner who Got married 4 .5 years ago in my home country to an american citizen(originally from my country) then immediately we moved in to live along with him in usa.(he is living in usa since20 years ago.)

-I never worked in united state or earned any money .
-We bought 2 carsby his money after we came to usa since 4 years ago. (the title for both is by his name )

-He bought a house since 4 years ago after we came to usa by his money and got the house mortgage and the title by his name only . He added me to the house title only by giving me a registered papaer called a quitclaim deed !!!!

-We have no children.

Now my Husband wants the divorce as I could not find a job to help him financially and as He said I am getting too fat and so ugly !!

He said all what we have is by his name including the house and that all he bought by his money before the marraige so I have no right in getting anything of that .
He wants me to leave within one week ?
Can anyone tell me if I have any rights as WIFE???

LdiJ

LoraLeena said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? MA

Please anyone can Tell me about my rights as I never educated about that issue at all !!
I am a foreigner who Got married 4 .5 years ago in my home country to an american citizen(originally from my country) then immediately we moved in to live along with him in usa.(he is living in usa since20 years ago.)

-I never worked in united state or earned any money .
-We bought 2 carsby his money after we came to usa since 4 years ago. (the title for both is by his name )

-He bought a house since 4 years ago after we came to usa by his money and got the house mortgage and the title by his name only . He added me to the house title only by giving me a registered papaer called a quitclaim deed !!!!

-We have no children.

Now my Husband wants the divorce as I could not find a job to help him financially and as He said I am getting too fat and so ugly !!

He said all what we have is by his name including the house and that all he bought by his money before the marraige so I have no right in getting anything of that .
He wants me to leave within one week ?

Can anyone tell me if I have any rights as WIFE???
You need an attorney. Get one.

LdiJ

LoraLeena said:
anyone can help more please ?
Ok....I am going to give you more advice....but you most sincerely need an attorney, like yesterday!

He can't force you to leave the marital home. Only a judge can order you to leave. However you really need an attorney to enforce that.

If he gave you a quitclaim deed on the home, you need to give that to the attorney, because it enforces your rights of ownership.

PLEASE get yourself an attorney. Otherwise, you are likely to be seriously taken advantage of.

LoraLeena

re

Thanx alot for your explanation. I thought that definatly I owen half of the house as far as I have a registered qitclaim deed!!! I am now really so worry .
I will try to look for an attorney .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">