• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what next?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

melena76

What is the name of your state? Alabama

I was married in August of 2003. My husband and I have one child together. We separated 11/1/04, no legal papers filed he just moved out. We have no marital assets. He is driving a truck that I have a personal loan on because he has very bad credit. The loan amount is approx $2000.00. What I want to know is what is my next step. I want to get divorced as soon as possible, but I am afraid that if I move forward he will stop paying payments on the loan. The truck was mine, but just before we got married I signed it over to him with the verbal agreement being he would pay off the loan. He brought in numerous unpaid bills to the marriage and we used his paycheck the whole time to pay off these debts and his child support for his other 2 kids. I only want this loan paid off or out of my name, and some support for our daughter.
I have proof that he is looking online for sex so I don't think he will fight the divorce. Is that grounds for adultry? Can that help me?
Please advise.

djohnson

Go to an attorney and start the divorce process. Child support is a given if you get custody. He can fight for the child. The judge an decide who gets what assets and liabilities. There is no guarantees, but I think what you are wanting is fair.

melena76

what is my legal name?

I never changed my name on my social security card when we married, so legally what is my last name? My maiden name or my married name?

LdiJ

melena76 said:
I never changed my name on my social security card when we married, so legally what is my last name? My maiden name or my married name?
If you never changed it with social security (as opposed to having changed it but not getting a new card) then your maiden name is still your legal name.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">