• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What a RESPONSE looks like

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BlackRhino

State: Pennsylvania

I need to file a Response to a divorce and need to know how it should look.
I assume that the points I need to address will be:
property division,
debt division,
retirement funds,
spousal support ,
and tax issues.

Anyone know of an online example?
If not, then can anyone tell me if I simply just create a Response using pleading paper that simply states my position on the forementioned points?
Thanks.

LdiJ

State: Pennsylvania

I need to file a Response to a divorce and need to know how it should look.
I assume that the points I need to address will be:
property division,
debt division,
retirement funds,
spousal support ,
and tax issues.

Anyone know of an online example?
If not, then can anyone tell me if I simply just create a Response using pleading paper that simply states my position on the forementioned points?
Thanks.
Yes, you can create your own response. You can use the original petition you received as a template. You will want to address the other party's points first, and then any new issues you want to include second.

However, honestly, if there are significant assets or debts, I would strongly recommend using an attorney. Its too easy to make small mistakes, that can have significant impact.

VeronicaLodge

i need to take my appendix out, but cant afford a doctor, or really dont want to spend my money on one, can someone point me to a do it yourself diagram. thanks :)

BlackRhino

Veronica has a good sense of humor. And I would tend to agree if I hadn't spent the last couple of years Pro Se in the Trial and Superior Courts gaining custody of my kids. So thanks to LdiJ for your reply. No significant assets beyond a collectors vehicle and debt nothing. We also filed our taxes separately. In my 2 year experience with Family Court I've come to see that the Court has been much more interested in the issues and not as rigid as one might think with regards to legal procedure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">