• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What rights do I have

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jessie27

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I have been married for only Three years and my husband had the house we lived in before we got married, but it is not paid for and I have help with paying for it, the taxes, and insurance. we were togather a year before we got married and at the time when we got togather I was the person who had the greater income and took care of most of the bills when I moved in. We have one child togather and one that I had before we got togather. I lost my job last July due to a plant shut down and now live on unemployment and go to school full time. Right before I lost my job I found out I was going to have another child but because of him not knowing how long I was going to have my job and insurance he wanted me to have an abortion. To make him happy I did and ever since I have been in a deep depression and unable to get help because I had no insurance and my marriage is what has feel apart because of all this. He went out for a whole weekend and did not come home and when he did I told him to leave and he did. I just want to know if I have any right to stay here in the house. What rights if any do I have? I don't want to keep the house forever I just need a place for me and the children until I finish school and get a job. The mill I worked in was the only job I had ever had and I really want to get my degree befor I get a job and where we live my unemployment is more than most of the jobs pay. What can I do?
THNAK YOU!!!!!!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">