• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What rights do I have?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lisa45169

What is the name of your state?Ohio
Hello,
Me and my husband have been seperated since March. I am currently on his insurance at work and I am afraid that he will remove me from it in January. Is he allowed to do this legally? What can I do if he does. I am disabled and am on social security disability so I have no insurance. We have not filed for a divorce nor are we legally seperated. Please advise. Thanks!

BelizeBreeze

lisa45169 said:
Hello,
Me and my husband have been seperated since March. I am currently on his insurance at work and I am afraid that he will remove me from it in January. Is he allowed to do this legally?
Of course he is.
What can I do if he does.
Purchase your own insurance.
I am disabled and am on social security disability so I have no insurance. We have not filed for a divorce nor are we legally seperated. Please advise. Thanks!
See above.

LdiJ

lisa45169 said:
Hello,
Me and my husband have been seperated since March. I am currently on his insurance at work and I am afraid that he will remove me from it in January. Is he allowed to do this legally? What can I do if he does. I am disabled and am on social security disability so I have no insurance. We have not filed for a divorce nor are we legally seperated. Please advise. Thanks!
If you are on Social Security Disability then normally you would also qualify for Medicaid. Check into that.

However, I don't believe that he is supposed to remove you from his insurance as long as you are still married. It would also be foolish for him to do so, because as your spouse he has liability for your medical bills. Therefore he could put himself in a world of hurt if you are uncovered by insurance while you are still married.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">