• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What should I ask for in my divorce - NYC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

optsgirl

What is the name of your state? NY

My attorney is filing the papers next week.

I got married last August 31, 2001, I have been separated (not legally) since December 2001. We have a 5 month old son.

He was served in June and hasn't returned the papers.

In my divorce I asked for the following:

I had asked for sole custody of our son.

Healthcare: I have health care and had asked for him to split 50/50 copayments/deductibles/cost of health care that I pay for/medical expenses.

His father may take him every other weekend and see him once a week (if he chooses) He has been taking our son every other weekend and has been paying me Child Support of $500 per month. He has a job (will not tell me anything about his job). I don't even know where he lives.

We live 40 miles away from each other (I suggested he p/u and d/off our son to my residence (he pays for all expenses: gas/repairs to his car, etc). He actually told me to pay for his gas...ha ha.

College: We both split 50/50, if our son decides to go.

Summer camps, school activities - split 50/50

Is there anything else that I should add.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Top 10 Things to Ask for in a New York Divorce - -

NUMBER 10: You want possession, custody and control of the Switchblade and Automatic Firearms collections.

NUMBER 9: Lifetime tickets to all Broadway Theaters!

NUMBER 8: Even though it was a very, very short term marriage, Alimony for the next 20 years!

NUMBER 7: Fugetaboutit !

NUMBER 6: Demand that he maintain your home on the meanstreets of Fifth Avenue and Lexington Avenue.

NUMBER 5: You want to see him selling hotdogs in front of the Gugenheim!

NUMBER 4: That your copy of the Divorce Decree be printed by Tiffany's Studios.

NUMBER 3: That he be banished to some cow pasture in Upstate New York!

NUMBER 2: He can keep the rat and cockroach collection.

AND, the NUMBER ONE Thing to Ask for in a New York Divorce - -

That if he ever wants you back, he must crawl on his knees from "sea to shining sea"!

O

optsgirl

That is funny.

But seriously am I missing anything, what could I add. I want to cover everything possible.

Help me :)
I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
Top 10 Things to Ask for in a New York Divorce - -

NUMBER 10: You want possession, custody and control of the Switchblade and Automatic Firearms collections.

NUMBER 9: Lifetime tickets to all Broadway Theaters!

NUMBER 8: Even though it was a very, very short term marriage, Alimony for the next 20 years!

NUMBER 7: Fugetaboutit !

NUMBER 6: Demand that he maintain your home on the meanstreets of Fifth Avenue and Lexington Avenue.

NUMBER 5: You want to see him selling hotdogs in front of the Gugenheim!

NUMBER 4: That your copy of the Divorce Decree be printed by Tiffany's Studios.

NUMBER 3: That he be banished to some cow pasture in Upstate New York!

NUMBER 2: He can keep the rat and cockroach collection.

AND, the NUMBER ONE Thing to Ask for in a New York Divorce - -

That if he ever wants you back, he must crawl on his knees from "sea to shining sea"!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">