• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what should I do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mickey Heinze

Georgia is my state
and my husband has relocated to California.
He left me on September 6, 2006.
he has not sent one penny tword house and marital obligation.
He took $7,500.00 that I had put in our joint account to pay for plumbing hook-up.
(I had to re-borrow the $7,500.00 to pay for the plumbing job. Then my husband told me I owed him that money for working on the house.) He has not sent 1-cent for the house expences, and has ignored all pleas of help needed. Mortage payment, car repairs, pet doctor needs, my doctor needs, he has removed me from his insurance and is listed as single, but we are not divorced. He has ignored all messages to call me.
What do I do.
What is my leagsl rite as spouce to be provided for unti resolvement can be settled.
Thank You
Mickey Heinze

Zephyr

mickey- whether legally he owes you something or not, you DO need to be able to take of yourself

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Georgia is my state
and my husband has relocated to California.
He left me on September 6, 2006.
he has not sent one penny tword house and marital obligation.
He took $7,500.00 that I had put in our joint account to pay for plumbing hook-up.
(I had to re-borrow the $7,500.00 to pay for the plumbing job. Then my husband told me I owed him that money for working on the house.) He has not sent 1-cent for the house expences, and has ignored all pleas of help needed. Mortage payment, car repairs, pet doctor needs, my doctor needs, he has removed me from his insurance and is listed as single, but we are not divorced. He has ignored all messages to call me.
What do I do.
What is my leagsl rite as spouce to be provided for unti resolvement can be settled.
Thank You
Mickey Heinze

What you do is file for divorce and get a job to support yourself. Who is listed on the deed to the house? What about the mortgage? How have you been paying the house? You can also file for temporary orders to force your husband to add yout o his health insurance.

Mickey Heinze

what to do

So what should I do in reference to "taking care of myself".
He won't return a phone call, text or e-mail, even regular mail.
I have asked for help and it is like a 7.5 year marriage does not exist.
How can I or what step do I take to have him acknowledge that he has a
marital obligation.
Mickey

Mickey Heinze

what-how should I

mickey- whether legally he owes you something or not, you DO need to be able to take of yourself
So legally am I able to ask for temp. support until we figure out what is going on. We have not filed any papers divorce or seperation, he is residing on a boat in Calif. and I am here making the house payments, and all bills connected to this. So how can I ask for support.
Mickey

Mickey Heinze

what-how should I

So legally am I able to ask for temp. support until we figure out what is going on. We have not filed any papers divorce or seperation, he is residing on a boat in Calif. and I am here making the house payments, and all bills connected to this. So how can I ask for support.
I have a job and i have been making all the payments

Zephyr

are you working? if not get a job, file for divorce in your state

just saw that you are working, file for divorce and ask for whatever relief you want, a lawyer would be a good idea, does he own the boat?:cool:

Mickey Heinze

advise in direction

are you working? if not get a job, file for divorce in your state

just saw that you are working, file for divorce and ask for whatever relief you want, a lawyer would be a good idea, does he own the boat?:cool:
Yes he owns the boat, his name is on the house deed also.
he started about 9-remodling projects "big ones"
and has left all those open. They are some big projects and our house looks like we live in a trailor. (we don't )

Zephyr

ask for the boat in your paperwork, that'll get his attention......LOL

you should definitely at least get a consult with a local attorney, especially with him being all the way across the country

LdiJ

Yes he owns the boat, his name is on the house deed also.
he started about 9-remodling projects "big ones"
and has left all those open. They are some big projects and our house looks like we live in a trailor.
(we don't )
That's a serious problem, the house won't even be saleable in that condition. You seriously need an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">