• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is step by step Divorce Procedure in CA - Final Settlement Agreement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

california gal

What is the name of your state? CA

What is step by step Divorce Procedure in CA - Final Settlement Agreement?

Given:
Couples divorcing married for 12 years.... 2 children , (18 and 20). Wife initiated the divorce. Both agreed on the Final Settlement Agreement last year Sep 2006 that includes : 1) wife wants family support from husband until Sep 2007 2) wife wants 50% of the stocks and bonds 3) wife wants 50% of the retirement of the husband.....(Take note: The wife never worked in their 12 yrs of marriage) . All of the conditions in the FSA have been completed by the HUSBAND - all the demands/money have been handed out to the wife. But the husband found out that the WIFE's lawyer has not submitted the FSA to the court yet so the judge can sign it....The husband keeps calling the lawyer of the other party but wife not cooperative to work on it (of course she has all the money already). So in other words, the husband still UNDIVORCED as of this time bcoz the judge has not yet signed the papers. So the question is.... what is the right way the HUSBAND should have done? He should have waited for the judge to sign the FSA before giving the demands? Or he did right thing to give demadnd first before the judge can sign it? How is this handled in CA?
Which one should go firts.. give the demands? or judge has to sign before hisband gives the money to the wife?

Silverplum

1. No one, to my knowledge, is going to type out step-by-step everything. That's way too much to ask.

2. "bcoz" ???? Please. We're grownups. Type like a grownup.

3. Who are YOU in all of this?

california gal

I'm a good samaritan trying to help a relative... my business is to help someone. I am not teh WIFE nor the HUSBAND in this case . This question for people who wants to help. Psl dont answer if you have nothing to say - with sense.

Silverplum

I'm a good samaritan trying to help a relative... my business is to help someone. I am not teh WIFE nor the HUSBAND in this case . This question for people who wants to help. Psl dont answer if you have nothing to say - with sense.
I think you'd have a hard time arguing *I* have no sense...especially considering your convoluted writing style and kre8tiv spelling. :rolleyes: :p

But hey, water under the bridge. Good luck with all that. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">