• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What will happen?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Hailey'sMom

What is the name of your state? VA

We go sign our divorce papers the 1st of October. My s2bxh did not want an attorney, didn't even want to file for divorce. So I went out and obtained one in order to get it legal, and for the sake of our daughter. In the decree it states that I paid for the 1st half of the lawyers fee $1500.00, that when the final papers are to be signed, he was to pay the last installment of $1500.00. He is saying that he is not going to pay for it now. Am I responsible for it if he signed the decree saying that he would pay for it? If I am not and he is will he have to go to jail? Sorry I am just scared as October is almost here.

H

hexeliebe

Just tell him he will either abide by the agreement and pay his half or you will amend the divorce to ask for legal fees which will mean he will pay for all of it.

And have your attorney do the amendment filing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">