• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

when does divorce take effect??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

angelezzl

we went to trial in my divorce on sept 6th. the judge passed down the judgement on the divorce, who gets what, how much money I was awarded etc... Now it is one month later, the papers have been typed up and turned over to his attorney, they have not been filed but husband and I signed them on sept 6. Now he says he doesn't agree with divorce papers and his attorney is keeping them and not returning them to my attorney so we can file them. How long does he have to sit on them? He got 30 days to buy my share of house out, when does that 30 days start? from sept 6 or (as he believes) when the papers are filed?? I'm confused and can he just say he didn't understand that and have the whole thing changed??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">