• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

When ex is laid off??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiftex

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My ex has/had court ordered spousal support deducted from his paycheck, he was recently laid off, if he were to collect unemploymet , would I be able to recieve a portion? and if so, would it be flagged by his SS#? or would I have to request it and if so, how?

Thank you

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My ex has/had court ordered spousal support deducted from his paycheck, he was recently laid off, if he were to collect unemploymet , would I be able to recieve a portion? and if so, would it be flagged by his SS#? or would I have to request it and if so, how?

Thank you
Unemployment is barely enough to live on - and even then only if you live very simply.

You would have to go to court to request it - and they might very well delay it until he's working again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swiftex

Wow I dont know who you are nasty person, and its too bad you dont know my story, maybe if your arrogant self knew the story you'd be ashamed, maybe not, are you a lawyer?? I hope not- because your a jerk

I'll let his invilid mother who I take care of here at my home while he is off with the mistress he had an affair with , oh and his children I take care of, btw, hes not working because he STOLE from his employer so unemployment is not for sure
Are you happy now , stay off my thread

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Wow I dont know who you are nasty person, and its too bad you dont know my story, maybe if your arrogant self knew the story you'd be ashamed, maybe not, are you a lawyer?? I hope not- because your a jerk

I'll let his invilid mother who I take care of here at my home while he is off with the mistress he had an affair with , oh and his children I take care of, btw, hes not working because he STOLE from his employer so unemployment is not for sure
Are you happy now , stay off my thread
YOU need to get a job. YOU do NOT have to take care of his invalid mother. YOU should nto be taking care of his children. YOU should be sending his children to live with him or their mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">