• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

When a man leaves

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mama_4

What is the name of your state? Tx

If a 39.5 year old man leaves the house, because he has issues with himself, he says that he needs to get himself together after 16 years and 4 kids later. Can I file for divorce with abandonment ? Also can I file for child support with alimony. But have it paid directly to me instead of to the state?

ktarra617

I believe that your husband would still have the right to atleast request that the child support be paid through a court. That is to protect himself. Most courts will also grant this request.

VG1013

Texas law allows no-fault divorces, but requires a 60-day waiting period after the filing of your petition for divorce. Texas law also provides for divorce on certain grounds, such as adultery, abandonment, and cruelty; however, Texas courts, generally, require proof before they will grant a divorce on such specific grounds.

M

mama_4

Thanks Guys for you help. He insisted that it was not abdonment. I knew otherwise. I think I'll try that divorce thing. The freedom act for people with feelings.

B

Boxcarbill

mama_4 said:
What is the name of your state? Tx

If a 39.5 year old man leaves the house, because he has issues with himself, he says that he needs to get himself together after 16 years and 4 kids later. Can I file for divorce with abandonment ? Also can I file for child support with alimony. But have it paid directly to me instead of to the state?
If he hasn't been gone for at least one year, then, no, you cannot sue on this fault grounds in Texas. But since conflict of personalities and irreconcilable differences will produce the same results and do it faster and cheaper, not many people wish to spend $10,00.00 plus dollars in legal fees to drag each other through a protracted divorce.

As to child support, upon the request of the obligee or the obligor, child support is paid through the court registry. If the Attorney General office, child support enforcement division, gets involved either because you ask then to help in enforcement or because you and your children receive any state aid, then child support will be paid through the AG's office.

As to spousal support, it is not a favorite under the law and so there are very narrow situations which allow for spousal support--conviction, yes a final conviction or a deferred adjudication, for domestic violence or the inability due to work because of a physical or mental disability which prevents the spouse from be able to work or because they have to care for a child who is profoundly physically or mentally disabled or because they do not have any skills for employment to meet MINIMUM reasonable needs. (I did say spousal support is the rare exception not the rule. In fact, it failed in the TX legislation three times before it finally passed. ) And finally spousal support is limited to not more than three years (unless permanent disability or the shortest possible period to allow the spouse to gain employment skills.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

WHEN A MAN LEAVES A WOMAN
Lyrics changed by Michael (IAAL) Bolton

When a man leaves a woman
Can't keep his mind on nothin' else
He'd trade the world
For something else he's found
If she is bad, he can see it
She does everything wrong
Turns his back on her like his worst friend
If he puts her down, she deserves it
Spend his very last dime on beer
Trying to give up on what he needs
He'd give up all his comforts, and chew his arm off
And sleep out in the rain
If she said that's the way
That ain't the way it ought to be
I give you everything I got (yeah)
Trying to get out, and away from your precious butt
Baby please don't treat me bad
Deep down in his soul
She brings him such misery
If she is playing him for a fool
He's always the last one to know
Loving eyes can never see - - but now he can because you're a skank
Yes when a man leaves a woman
I know exactly how he feels
'Cause baby, baby, baby
I am a man, and you're a skank

IAAL

L

Lil Miss Smarty Panties

Dear IAAL,

I will pay you $100 to send that song to my PBFH via e-mail. I'll give you $1000 to call her and sing it to her. I'll send you a topless pic of myself if you'll call the local radio station in Bloomington Indiana and dedicate it specifically to her. :D

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Let's Make A Deal! with Monte IAAL

Lil Miss Smarty Panties said:
Dear IAAL,

I will pay you $100 to send that song to my PBFH via e-mail. I'll give you $1000 to call her and sing it to her. I'll send you a topless pic of myself if you'll call the local radio station in Bloomington Indiana and dedicate it specifically to her. :D

My response:

"I'll take door number three, Monte IAAL!"

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">