• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

when will my divorce be final?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nightlif3karaok

over a year ago i filed for a divorce in West Virginia but the woman won't agree on anything. how long can she drag this out and who will make the final decision on how the property settlement will be and how much alimony she gets

vrzirn

I only know about California so you will have to waitiuntil expert in your state shows up. Here you can bifurcate the divorce action. That means you can get a divorce very quickly (and temporary alimony)but the other side-Reserved Issues (money, alimony, property division,etc. )can go on for almost forever. Well, years anyway if there are continuances and changes of attorneys. There will be at least 2 court-ordered mediations. If no progress then there will be a trial. Try not to go down that road. The mediators are very good and will help you find an equitable solution. Equitable means no one is happy but no one gets shafted either.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">