• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where do I begin?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

seenbetterdays

What is the name of your state? Virginia
In summary, I have been married for 2 years...off & on w/ same man for 7+ years--2 great children.
He has an anger problem--has history. I want a divorce, but afraid of how he will react. I fear for my safety and the well being of my children. Is it posible to have Sole/Shared custody...Can he be ordered to seek counseling?
We have been living "seperately" (different rooms, same home) for over a year. Can this be counted towards the "mandatory" Sep? Finalize divorce sooner?
House is in his name, I'm not in the deed. Can it be arranged that the children & I stay here until I am able to support myself otherwise & find a new place?
What can I do to keep legal fees lower? What kind of "homework"?
I would truly appreciate ANY & ALL imput and suggestions! I'd like to say "Thank you SO much!" in advance for taking the time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">