• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where do I begin?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jeaniemiller

What is the name of your state? Ohio
I know I need a divorce but I have no idea on how or what to do. I seen an attorney who would not represent me because I am confused and "need to get my ducks in a row." Divorce is hard for me to do. I have put it off for three years. I have two small children with him and live at home with my parents. I have a high school diploma and I am a student at a technical school with a loan to follow. I have no material possessions. My husband has issues that I cannot handle. Six years of counseling has not resolved our problems. We filed bankruptcy and have forclosed on a home. The status with the bank is in jeopardy because he harrassed the teller and refuses to pay. The list of conflict goes on. This has to end but first where should I begin?

jeremycedotal

when u go to a lawyer

Do not tell the lawyer you still love him, even if you do. You must be firm and confident. If you go in saying things like,"if he would only change....", no lawyer is going to deal with you. I know it sucks right now. You have 2 kids who love their daddy, and you are living with your folks; so it seems that the only solution is trying to make your marriage work. Until you MAKE UP YOUR MIND that moving back in with your husband is NOT an option; you will remain stuck in a rut.

Make sure divorce is what you want. If you want your husband, then go get him and make it work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">