• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where do I start?????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Beth VanHorn

:rolleyes: i live in louisiana. I'm on my 2nd marriage with no kids resulting from it. I had 2 children by a prior marriage. after about 3 months of the marriage i found out he had an extensive criminal background. he has also been verbally abusive to me and the kids. i want an annulment. how long do i have and what is the best way to go about it? my anniversary would have been september 23,2001.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

You "start" by hiring a Family law attorney. Most will give you a free initial consultation. Or, if can't afford an attorney, you then "start" by going to your local bookstore and buying a "How To" book on the subject of Divorce. Then, you follow the directions and instructions very, very, carefully.

IAAL

C

clwatki

also see if you have "legal aide" in your state. you may be able to receive assistance that way. check with the head of the 'bar' in your city or state to see if there are any lawyers who still have "pro bono" cases open.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">