• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where to file

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RSusan

What is the name of your state?Louisiana
Now I'm really confused. I live in LA. My eventual ex lives in FL. We were married in OK. The last place of residence as a "couple" was in GA 4 1/2 years ago. Which state would I file in? I was informed Georgia because of your living there together. Things just went from difficult to Are You Kidding??? :eek:

Gracie3787

RSusan said:
What is the name of your state?Louisiana
Now I'm really confused. I live in LA. My eventual ex lives in FL. We were married in OK. The last place of residence as a "couple" was in GA 4 1/2 years ago. Which state would I file in? I was informed Georgia because of your living there together. Things just went from difficult to Are You Kidding??? :eek:
If you haved lived in La. long enough to establish legal residency, you file in La.

It doesn't matter where you lived as a couple, what matters is where the person who is filing lives.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">