• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where to get forms?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PBJ_1971

I have so far successfully filed my divorce pro-se here in New Jersey. Now, it's been the required 35 days and I have to do 3 things--

1. Request To Enter Default
2. Affidavit Of Non-Military Service
3. Certification (?)
4. Summons (?)

Now I am confused at this point. What are these things I must write up? I understand the first two but not sure how or what to do with the last two items. Where do I get "examples" of these items neeeded so I can write up my own? I went to Rutgers Law Library to do the 'Petition For Dissolution Of Marriage' but am unable to get back out there to get examples of those four things. I cannot pay for them online either as I do not have a credit card...anyone got any ideas? Thanks...

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

PBJ_1971 said:
I have so far successfully filed my divorce pro-se here in New Jersey. Now, it's been the required 35 days and I have to do 3 things--

1. Request To Enter Default
2. Affidavit Of Non-Military Service
3. Certification (?)
4. Summons (?)

Now I am confused at this point. What are these things I must write up? I understand the first two but not sure how or what to do with the last two items. Where do I get "examples" of these items neeeded so I can write up my own? I went to Rutgers Law Library to do the 'Petition For Dissolution Of Marriage' but am unable to get back out there to get examples of those four things. I cannot pay for them online either as I do not have a credit card...anyone got any ideas? Thanks...
My response:

Well, first off, you blew it. You needed to serve the Summons with the Petition. You'll need to have him re-served.

You know what ? It would be easier for you to forget about Rutgers (great University, by the way), and just go to a bookstore and buy one of those "step-by-step" instruction books.

You need to get the book first, which will tell you which forms you need, which forms to serve, how to fill them out, and where to get the forms in the first place (hint - - they're at your courthouse near Rutgers).

IAAL

P

PBJ_1971

See, I must have been a blonde in my past life! LOL My soon to be ex husband was already served with the summons and petition. Since neither of us had any problems with the agreement and want to get the divorce out of the way, we were told by the law clerk to come in to the court house together and file a consent order. We did that and when we got their, the law clerk said I had to serve my husband. I told him I did (we were both sitting there) but apparently we then had to go and get a notarized letter that my husband signed stating that he had been served. Then we were told we had to wait the 35 days and when I called the courthouse recently, the law clerk told me I needed those four items. I was confused because, as you said, the certification and the summons were already done--I am just not sure how to write up the Non-military thing and request to enter default.

PBJ_1971

P.S. Yes, Rutgers is a great school, even if it is the campus in Camden (LOL)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">