What is the name of your state? Maryland
Not sure what forum I'm should post in...
My case is:
My wife and I were married almost 4 years. Wife had an affair and moved out. Have tried to negotiate during past 11 months about legal separation and divorce but wife reneges on various agreements and then refuses to talk to me.
1. Have been told couples in Maryland have to have legal separation first for one year, then can file for divorce. Does legal separation start with filing of separation papers or the date that she moved out?
2. Wife refuses to pay any credit card debt we incurred in our marriage. Does separation of credit card debt start at the time she moved out or when I filed for a legal separation?
3. Wife wants me to pay for her maternity leave (3 months) when she had our last child. Any precedent?
4. Wife says I am solely responsible for kids education. Any precedent?
5. If wife puts my daughter in dance, art, piano lessons, etc., if I can't pay for it, can she force me to pay 50% of things I can't afford or even discussed with her about?