• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who will receive the vehicle ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Casietpre

My boyfriend and I of 6 years (reside in Missouri) have one car in both of our names. We have two small children together. I need to know if I would be able to get the car if I break up with him. It is the only form of transportation i have for the children and I. I am the only one that takes care of them. I would need the car for dr appts, school, and to secure a job. I was told I would get the car but wanted to check other sources too. I am afraid of him and what all he may do. However, 6 years of lies ans no help with our kids is enough!

justalayman

If title is in both names each of you have a legal right of possession. I have no idea what you mean when you ask who will get the car. Since you are not married no court is going to make a determination of who gets the car. It is simly a matter to be worked out between the two of you.

Just Blue

My boyfriend and I of 6 years (reside in Missouri) have one car in both of our names. We have two small children together. I need to know if I would be able to get the car if I break up with him. It is the only form of transportation i have for the children and I. I am the only one that takes care of them. I would need the car for dr appts, school, and to secure a job. I was told I would get the car but wanted to check other sources too. I am afraid of him and what all he may do. However, 6 years of lies ans no help with our kids is enough!
Offer to pay him half the Blue Book value...or offer to take have the BBV.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Offer to pay him half the Blue Book value...or offer to take have the BBV.
I agree, but will add that, if it is such an important thing to have, the OP should be flexible and willing to pay MORE than half the blue-book value. It's all in the negotiations.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I agree, but will add that, if it is such an important thing to have, the OP should be flexible and willing to pay MORE than half the blue-book value. It's all in the negotiations.
Ot perhaps OP should get the "stuff" and the other parent, the kids.... :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">