• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Why is she dragging out the divorce?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trishm05

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI

My boyfriend is going thru a divorce :(. His "ex" wife filed last November (2010). I met him this january 2011. His final date was supposed to be April 2011 but she keeps fighting over the dumbest things. She abandoned the house and moved 5 hrs away (to minnesota) last november-where she worked for her brother and made a very decent living(like $1000 a week). They are selling the house they built. He got everything in the house appraised (court ordered) and she was supposed to get everything that she took from the house appraised but she didn't even do that yet. He did his appraisal 3 months ago. And once again she won't do it.

My bf couldn't work for almost 2 years because he became very sick and it did a lot of damage to his body. So before he got sick he had the good paying job and supported her. But then he got sick and she got a good job with her brother. He was on unemployment for the time he was off and now has recently returned back to working because of lawyer bills.

It was court ordered that no one pay the mortage. My bf cannot afford the house payment and 5 months ago she claimed she was laid off and can't afford it either. And she doesn't want to pay any maintence. She gets more on unemployement than what my bf gets a week working 40hrs. Its also court ordered that she pay for the health and life insurance til the final date. My bf has to pay the house bills.

And now in a couple of weeks, she is having another temporary hearing. She wants him to pay for half of the dental, health, and life insurance. Which is BS! She drives all over the place visiting everyone-shes out of town all the time(like 7hrs away). She goes out to all the good bars and nice resturants everyday and night(not cheap). Shes planning another vacation to Mexico in november (she went this february too). I don't get how she can say she can't afford anything. My bf doesn't get to do anything or go on any vacation. He can barely afford his bills and lawyer bills.

Bottom line: my bf does everything the court orders him to do. he comes to court prepared all the time and proof of everything on paper. Now she doesn't do anything and just keeps dragging it out. But for what??? Why is she dragging it out? Theres really nothing to fight over. Oh and there is NO kids. What can he do? At the last hearing the court commissioner said, this divorce needs to move on.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Silverplum

My boyfriend is going thru a divorce :(. His "ex" wife filed last November (2010). I met him this january 2011. His final date was supposed to be April 2011 but she keeps fighting over the dumbest things. She abandoned the house and moved 5 hrs away (to minnesota) last november-where she worked for her brother and made a very decent living(like $1000 a week). They are selling the house they built. He got everything in the house appraised (court ordered) and she was supposed to get everything that she took from the house appraised but she didn't even do that yet. He did his appraisal 3 months ago. And once again she won't do it.

My bf couldn't work for almost 2 years because he became very sick and it did a lot of damage to his body. So before he got sick he had the good paying job and supported her. But then he got sick and she got a good job with her brother. He was on unemployment for the time he was off and now has recently returned back to working because of lawyer bills.

It was court ordered that no one pay the mortage. My bf cannot afford the house payment and 5 months ago she claimed she was laid off and can't afford it either. And she doesn't want to pay any maintence. She gets more on unemployement than what my bf gets a week working 40hrs. Its also court ordered that she pay for the health and life insurance til the final date. My bf has to pay the house bills.

And now in a couple of weeks, she is having another temporary hearing. She wants him to pay for half of the dental, health, and life insurance. Which is BS! She drives all over the place visiting everyone-shes out of town all the time(like 7hrs away). She goes out to all the good bars and nice resturants everyday and night(not cheap). Shes planning another vacation to Mexico in november (she went this february too). I don't get how she can say she can't afford anything. My bf doesn't get to do anything or go on any vacation. He can barely afford his bills and lawyer bills.

Bottom line: my bf does everything the court orders him to do. he comes to court prepared all the time and proof of everything on paper. Now she doesn't do anything and just keeps dragging it out. But for what??? Why is she dragging it out? Theres really nothing to fight over. Oh and there is NO kids. What can he do? At the last hearing the court commissioner said, this divorce needs to move on.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Just to piss you off.

Antigone*

Bottom line is really his divorce is none of your legal business. And you should realize that asking these types of questions on this forum is completely asinine.

Head over to mistresses.com to vent.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Jealous much? :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">