• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Why would this be said?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

devildog29

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MI

I have a friend who is pretty close, (boarderline relationship). She is going through a divorce, and her lawyer has advised her to stop contact with me. Why? I am kinda upset over it because I do not understand why. The soon to be Ex says that she was cheating on him with me. We never took anything that far, friends it was, until he was forced to move out, then we started spending time with each other on the weekends he had the kids, at my house. I have not been around her children, nor over to her house while they were there. I was over there one time to change her tire on her car and then left 10 minutes tops.

Proserpina

I have a friend who is pretty close, (boarderline relationship). She is going through a divorce, and her lawyer has advised her to stop contact with me. Why? I am kinda upset over it because I do not understand why. The soon to be Ex says that she was cheating on him with me. We never took anything that far, friends it was, until he was forced to move out, then we started spending time with each other on the weekends he had the kids, at my house. I have not been around her children, nor over to her house while they were there. I was over there one time to change her tire on her car and then left 10 minutes tops.

Because it's obvious that you may be seen as the cause of the breakup of the marriage...and this may have impact on finances and (occasionally) custody.

You said yourself that you're almost in a relationship with her.

Is it really such a big deal to back off for awhile until she gets her affairs in order?

Really?

This isn't really about you - it's about her, and her children, and her husband.

Isis1

it would help mom in her case as a married woman to cease all contact with you since even you yourself admit to a borderline relationship. if you really care about her, you'll wait until the divorce is final. it's a really sticky situation right now. let her deal with this without the extra hoopla. stay away from her home, and her children. it's only temporary until the divorce is final...after that...carry on.

devildog29

I am not upset at her, I guess upset cause we both aren't sure why her lawyer told her that. No it's not a big deal to back off we see each other less now since he has been forced out of the house. Not looking for any brow beatings, as stated in first post I have never been around her children or to her home while they were there, ather request I was at her house one time to change her tire for her while kids were gone.

Isis1

I am not upset at her, I guess upset cause we both aren't sure why her lawyer told her that. No it's not a big deal to back off we see each other less now since he has been forced out of the house. Not looking for any brow beatings, as stated in first post I have never been around her children or to her home while they were there, ather request I was at her house one time to change her tire for her while kids were gone.
please understand that we are not trying to browbeat you at ALL!

we are trying to help you. and both Proser and i are on the team of the children. the lawyer needs to paint a picture to the judge. she can't do that if mom can not swear on the stand that she is NOT dating anyone or seeing ANYONE on a romantic basis. want to help her change a tire, call AAA. just for now. thats all. just till this blows over. if you two care about each other, you'll help the kids transition this way.

devildog29

ok now that you but in terms of painting a pic and having her say she is completely single I get whats being said now.

Proserpina

ok now that you but in terms of painting a pic and having her say she is completely single I get whats being said now.

Yeap :)

Seriously - Isis and I, and the vast majority of senior posters here are "Team Kid" :)

Actually...I think I want to have that t-shirt...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">