• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

WI Chapter 802

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MVH2008

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin
I'm confused about the summons I recieved.

The summons states,"Within 20 days of receiving this summons, you must respond with a written answer, as that term is used in Chapter 802, Stats., to the petition. The court may reject or disregard an answer that does not follow the requirements of the statutes. The answer must be sent or delivered to this court, whose address is:"

My question is... What is the definition of Chapter 802 and what can I respond with?

I understand I have 20 days. Is this strictly 20 business days or just 20 days in general?

I've been feverishly preparing the masses of paperwork. We dont have any kids and we agree on property distribution. We cannot agree on spousal support. I am seeking temporary. What would be the best course of action?

Please help!
Thank you!

seniorjudge

Double post warning

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin
I'm confused about the summons I recieved.

The summons states,"Within 20 days of receiving this summons, you must respond with a written answer, as that term is used in Chapter 802, Stats., to the petition. The court may reject or disregard an answer that does not follow the requirements of the statutes. The answer must be sent or delivered to this court, whose address is:"

My question is... What is the definition of Chapter 802 and what can I respond with?

I understand I have 20 days. Is this strictly 20 business days or just 20 days in general?

I've been feverishly preparing the masses of paperwork. We dont have any kids and we agree on property distribution. We cannot agree on spousal support. I am seeking temporary. What would be the best course of action?

Please help!
Thank you!
https://forum.freeadvice.com/divorce-separation-annulment-36/filing-jointly-vs-being-served-430243.html#post2054525

You will find the answer in the first thread you started on this subject.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">