• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

WI-completed divorce, property change?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

peanut42

I live in WI-a community property state. Divorce final 9am on 10/20/01. Marital settlement agreement stated truck he had been using goes to me and car I had been using goes to him as respective vehilces were titled in the others name. 5pm..I get my truck while I am at work and he takes the car. After work I take a look at my truck and the tires had been switched and the tool box on the back of the truck is now gone. This has been my property from the day of purchase as it was in my name and I do realize that we are a marital property state, however the divorce was finalized that morning making he vehilce my property. I am wondering if I can prosecute for stolen property and have those articles returned to me? I have an attourney and will be contacting her on Monday, however I am antsy and am looking for assistance now. Thank you for any and all advice you can offer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">